Oatmeal Banana Pancakes
* 2 ripe medium bananas, cut into chunks
* 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
* 1 cup whole oats (not minute oats)
* 1.5 tsp. baking powder
* pinch of pink salt
* 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
* 1/2 - 1 tsp. vanilla
*Chocolate chips or coco-nibs
1. In a blender, add chunks of banana and almond milk. Puree until thoroughly blended and smooth (about 30 seconds). Add oats, baking powder, and salt,vanilla and spices into the blender. Continue to blend until oat mixture is well-combined (about 1 minute). Set aside to thicken up. It should be thick enough so the batter runs slowly and holds shape once on the pan. If they appear to too thick, add a tablespoon or two of almond milk and blend again.If they are too runny add 2 Tbsp. of oats and blend again.
2. Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with olive oil or coconut oil and heat over medium heat. Drop 1/4 cup batter onto skillet. If using any extras place them on top of each pancake and cook until bubbles appear on top, about 2 minutes. carefully flip pancakes and cook until golden brown on underside, 2 minutes. Repeat with more oil and batter. Top with your favorite syrup or drizzle
*These pancakes can be frozen and reheated in the microwave
*TOPPINGS: Maple syrup, peanut butter, fruits, coconut cream
*If pancakes are cooking on the outside but not the inside try turning down the temperature on your pan.